This video answers the questions:
This video shows:
15 min. consult to assess if the treatment is suitable for you. If you decide to go ahead, you will receive the pre-treatment cream & instructions, and make payment for your elected treatment(s)
A patch test is done to ensure there are no reactions.
A priming cream is given to apply for 1-3 weeks to smooth the treatment area prior to the dermarolling procedure.
The skin is numbed with cream 1-2 hours before treatment. An experienced practitioner will then gently dermaroll the dark circles area in-clinic and apply the post-treatment serum.
Aftercare creams are given for the next 10-12 weeks to continue to help reduce melanocyte activity and increase cell turnover. Results usually seen after this time.
We assess if you have pigmentation-based dark circles and if your skin is suitable for our treatment. We go through the treatment details with you and if you wish to proceed we do a patch test, consent form and provide your prep cream. We book you in for the treatment 2-4 weeks after your consultation to give you enough time to use the prep cream.
We perform a patch test on everyone beforehand. You will feel a light prickly sensation under the eye and on the eye lids during the dermarolling stage, and a mild stinging sensation for a few seconds upon application of the serum.
We specialise in darker skin where the skin is more sensitive to inflammation and prone to pigmenting. This means our treatment is deliberately gentle on the skin so it doesn’t react and lead to side effects if used correctly in most cases.
It depends on the severity and resistance of the condition, but 1-3 treatments is the norm.
A lot of clients are happy after just one treatment as it means they can wear less make-up and be more confident as a result.
1. A topical anaesthetic is applied to the skin prior to the treatment to numb the area around the eyes.
2. We then cleanse the under eye and eye lid area.
3. We roll a under-eye dermaroller across the skin to make tiny channels in the top layer of skin to allow penetration of the serum.
4. We apply a clear gel to the area which you will go home with (absorbs quickly)
5. You will then be given a set of creams to wear for the following 12 weeks.
No, the treatment only affects the under-eye area and eyelids, not the surrounding skin.
There is no Hydroquinone in our products as it can lead to rebound hyperpigmentation.
Our treatment is suitable for all skin types, but is designed specifically for darker skin tones where traditional treatments are ineffective.
In Caucasian skin, the cause of dark circles is more likely to be vascular (leaky/visible blood vessels), and therefore not suitable for this treatment, which primarily tackles pigmentation generated from melanin.
We use very high strength tyrosinase inhibitors and peptides to treat the dark circles, as well as specialist dermarolling for the eyes.
1. PAINLESS PROCEDURE: The priming cream & aftercare may tingle/sting the skin slightly. We provide you with a numbing cream to apply prior to arriving at the clinic. This should prevent any painful sensation, but you may feel a prickly sensation in the clinic during treatment. 1-3 days of mild soreness may follow post-treatment.
2. DARK CIRCLES REDUCTION: Results vary from person to person and cannot be guaranteed. Results for each person may also be non-linear, so you may see varying % reductions per treatment done. For resistant pigmentation, results are mainly seen after 2-3 treatments. Approx. 5% of clients may not see any results at all.
3. LONG TERM EFFECT: Removal of existing pigmentation is long term (provided you continue to use adequate daily moisturiser and SPF 50 sunblock). The treatment cannot prevent pigmentation from new sources of skin damage in the future, or from a recurrence of pre-existing conditions.
4. NO DOWNTIME: After the first day (where you will need to remain indoors). Discomfort / irritation may be felt for 1-3 days afterwards, but you should be able to work as normal.
5. NO SIDE-EFFECTS: dependant on strict compliance with recommended protocols & guidelines provided by the clinic. Temporary mild redness, irritation or inflammation is possible after the treatment and/or the after-cream application, which usually subsides quickly in a few days with the anti-inflammatory cream provided. In less than 1/1000 cases, unknown allergic reactions have been reported, and in less than 1/1500 cases, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation has lasted for more than 8-12 weeks.